Sunday, February 14, 2010

Heart Day

The day started out with a sweet back rub, and the dog hopping in bed to cuddle and ham it up. I let her out while my sweetheart made coffee. Kitty was meowing for his rubs and for me to swing his raffia toy around for him to chase. Very nice to see the shine in his eyes again, and to have him want to play. Miracle of medicine proven once again, hard as it has been to administer. Giving this cat a pill is almost impossible. I feel such a sense of accomplishment each time I succeed.

The animals were soon ready for the three of us to go down for the newspaper, and I obliged them. Happy that the kitty wants to go outside again, and of course, the dog has a gopher hole she needed to inspect for recent activity. I don't think she found any; there were deer tracks around the mound and no new exit hole, but she remained on sentry duty until I called her inside. On the way back from the cattle guard, there was a cacophony of birdsong. We've had such a cold hard winter, and yet it's colder and harder up north, so we have a plethora of new birds overwintering here this year. Fun to listen to all the different sounds as I came back to the house.

My SO had put a beautiful card and two boxes of chocolates on my pillow. Shame on him about those chocolates, but the card made me teary. I got out his cards, one each from the cat and the dog, and mine, a funny card not mushy, dammit. I also bought him some candy, a smaller box than he got for me. We ate chocolates for breakfast and watched Sunday Morning. Then we looked online at motorhomes. We have the itch, and will probably end up with one this time. In this frame of mind, we got dressed and went to visit some friends who have just bought a Minnie Winnie. Theirs is nice, but too big for what we want.

We ate lunch, grocery shopped for our big Valentine's steak dinner, and came home. I made a crustless coconut pie. It turned out yummy, maybe a little sunken in the middle, but it tastes good. He cooked his usual outstanding rib-eyes on the grill while I piddled in the greenhouse. I've got tomatoes coming up. Peppers and squash still haven't broken ground. We got the steaks off the fire and inside just in time. A norther came blowing in as we were eating. So instead of heading to the hot tub with our champagne and chocolate strawberries, we're watching the Oympics and trying to let our delicious meal settle. Champagne is still chilling. We'll open in as soon as I'm done here.

Sweet "heart" day. Our third together. I'm still as happy as I was at our beginning. We have a good life, and we both are fully aware of it day by day.

Onward ....

No comments:

Post a Comment