Friday, July 2, 2010

RAIN, RAIN, RAIN

I'm not complaining. We need the rain, but we're sitting here watching old westerns on TV, just waiting for a break in the rain to go to the Coast. We've spent every July 4th since we've been together down there but it's looking less and less likely that they'll have the fireworks display, or the art festival this weekend at all. Both will more than likely get rained out, thanks to Alex, who is gone but has left behind his legacy. Dark dark clouds moved in before noon and the bottom fell out for a while. At the end of about 25 minutes, we had 2 inches in the gauge -- the hardest rain we've had yet, and for the longest duration. Otherwise, it's just "pissing" as my dad would say. We had an inch and three-quarters this morning, accumulated from the two previous days, so that brings our total to 4 inches so far. The animals are getting restless to go outside. Me, too.

Made some more jelly. My SO keeps bringing home grapes. He boils them down to juice and I've been straining them for jelly. This morning, we got four pint jars and two half pints, this time, with a smidge left for the fridge again. I want enough so we feel no pain if we give a jar or two away to friends. My SO is loathe to part with any of it at present. It is a lot of work, so I don't blame him. And it makes a huge mess in the kitchen.

Decided to buy a new aquarium yesterday. Set it up last night, and will transfer all the fish into it when we return from the Coast. I've found these little tanks to be high maintenance, and I'm not happy to have to work so hard. This new tank is twice the size. Maybe I won't have to clean it so often. I'm looking for ways to ease my workload. I seem to be brimming over with article ideas, and need to make time. With me, it's always a question of prioritizing.

Onward ....

No comments:

Post a Comment