Monday, July 12, 2010

On the Road Again



We’re on our way to the mountains of New Mexico.  SO is working his way there, so we’re not doing a straight drive-through. We’ve got both animals and so far they’re doing pretty well. The cat had a good traveling day yesterday. After the first 60 miles, he quieted down and even slept a little. I think he will be happier once we’re settled in the mountains. 

We’re going to stay there for a week. It’s already cooler, seemed to get cooler almost immediately after we crossed the state line. Our friends are joining us in the mountains at the same resort, but they’re getting there via a different route, heading up through the Big Bend area and far West Texas. We’ve been keeping in touch through email in the evenings, and will rendezvous on Wednesday.

I’ve brought the laptop and am thinking that I might be able to do a little work while we’re on this trip, but so far, that hasn’t happened. In any case, I also brought a couple of books to read. My reading has fallen off so much this year. And we’re listening to a book about the Founding Fathers as we head down the road. I’m getting better at listening to audio books, but they still have a tendency to lull me to sleep. Guess I’m just growing shallower as I age. But I’m also more contented, and I think, more accepting of what life throws my way. Ten years ago, I seriously doubt I would’ve enjoyed this kind of trip as much as I enjoy it now, just being in new surrounding, with my animals and my sweetheart. I find it more relaxing than I can convey.

Onward ....

No comments:

Post a Comment