Monday, November 15, 2010

Other Writer's Work

A friend of mine asked me to read a manuscript he is having trouble selling. I got it FedEx on Saturday but didn't start reading it until today. I'm enjoying it, it's good work, but it's really making me want to work on my novel now. And I find myself in a funk this evening about it. It's just so hard to set everything else aside, and I don't know why. I used to not have this trouble. Anyway ....

Had a massage this morning -- very mediocre, but more tales for my article on getting massages, finding a good therapist. This one definitely was not good and I won't be going back there. Tonight my muscles are all tight and I got in the jacuzzi. Pretty sorry excuse for a jacuzzi, too. I had such a good one in my transition house. This one just cannot compare. Of course, it's also twenty years older, and was built for people who are flat as boards. The jets, I am not kidding, are no more than 3 inches off the bottom of the tub. Plus there are only four of them. You have to contort to get the achy parts under the stream of water. It just is hardly worth it. But it's wet outside, drizzly, has been that way for three days now, and the hot tub needs draining. The last time we got in it, it was like sitting in milk.

So I'm in a sort of pissy mood and can't seem to bring myself out of it. Really wish we could go back to the mountains. I just hate that we have to wait for two whole months. Sigh!

Onward .....

No comments:

Post a Comment