Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Jiggity Jig

Home again, home again.

We're in San Angelo, which has become a regular stop-off on our RV trips. In about an hour we will get back in the Suburban and make the long trek home. We've been gone this time for 17 days, and I think all of us are ready for things to get back to normal. It's been an eventful trip and I will blog more about it once I have more time.

The cat has become a good traveler. He has hardly squawked in the car, and once we're settled in a park, he's been much quicker to adjust and come out from behind the sofa. We do still have to stuff a pillow in there on mornings we're going to get on the road, so he won't go behind there and stay. Breaking camp noises, or if we june around too much in the mornings, he will get back there to feel secure. Now, I've learned to push in the pillow to block his hole, and set the carrier out and open. He will go in there on his own when the hitching up sounds start.

The dog is also ready to be home. She laid on the console nearly the whole way here yesterday -- a sign that she's restless and bored. I'm saddle sore myself. Back aching and just generally stiff from all the long hours in the car. But we did have two stops this trip that lasted for over 5 days each. One was work for my SO, the other was for grins -- which is the part I will fill in once we're home.

So that's it for now. I've got pictures. I've got news. I've got lots of observations.

Onward ....

No comments:

Post a Comment