Friday, September 10, 2010

Dreaming of a Cabin in the Mountains

The home search continues. We have appointments next week with two real estate agents to look at some of these places we've found online, plus anything they might think would interest us. We've widened our search into three counties now. Might not be copacetic to use two different agents, but what the hell. We're impatient and want to throw out the widest net possible. One of the agents is the one who had the listing we made the offer on -- the one the seller backed out on. I have contacted the seller myself and know that they are still thinking about relisting, but in the meantime, we might just find something we like as well or better. Fingers crossed.

We have had an interesting week getting to Colorado. The cat has traveled exceptionally well this time, and both animals are getting along together in tight confines quite well, too. I wish this travel trailer was larger, but then we would need a bigger towing vehicle, yada yada, and that all seems like money we don't need to spend right now when we're looking to buy a summer house. I have an idea we won't be using the travel trailer all that much once we find our dream place anyway.

Both of us are up here just basically enduring the Market, willing it to be over quickly so we can get to New Mexico and start house searching. Every night after we're back from the show, we peruse through listings on the internet, marking down ones that seem interesting. We are still a bit apart on what we're each looking for in a place. My SO's taste is much simpler than mine is, and he is just generally more patient. He would prefer to buy a less expensive place with potential, and fix it the way we want it, which probably makes more sense. Me, I have a tendency to hold everything up to the house we made the offer on, and so far, nothing in our price range comes anywhere close to that house. I knew it was a fabulous deal at the time. Which is why I rushed to jump on it the way I did. And I guess I am still holding my breath a little for the possibility of the owners relisting it soon.

The RV Park we are in here is exceptional. We have a lighted mountain right behind us. The dog and I have climbed over the top of that mountain twice. The first time, I kept stopping, looking back at the fantastic view, and also catching my breath. The dog, of course, pulled me onward. She is such a little adventurer. Today we made the trek again, and both of us were worn out afterwards. She is snoring under the table as I write this -- snoring loudly. Sounds like bellows!

We both really do enjoy having these animals around us. I'm so happy to have found a kindred spirit in that regard. They give us lots of laughs, are both clowns, but loyal. The cat likes the fact that he gets to sleep with us when we're on these trips. The dog is joyful at having new sites, sounds, and smells. We have little cottontails living in this park, dozens of them, and she is just focused on finding them when we go on our walks. They're pretty fearless, being used to all the dogs these RVers have, and that is something I have come to realize -- RV travelers like taking their pets. In fact, it could be, like with us, one of the reasons they have taken to traveling via RVs. Anyway, the bunnies just sit quietly and watch all the dogs pass by, like they know the dogs are leashed and can't chase them far.

I'll try to post more while we're on this trip. It's hard to work it all in. I'm still trying to give the novel at least two hours a day, also helping my SO at the Market, tending to the animals, suppers, and keeping the trailer clean. My days on this trip just fly by.

Onward ....

No comments:

Post a Comment