Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas -- Finally!

Woke at 4:30. I guess I'm like a kid. Stockings are all stuffed by the fireplace. I'm trying to wait until the rest awaken. The boys are here, out asleep in the guest room. Sun is up but they aren't yet. My love wanted to give me his gift last night, after the others had retired, but before lights out. A pretty diamond love knot ring. It's a bit too big, but I will have it sized. I cherish it, for the sentiment, and because he thought of it all on his own. And he "wrapped" it inside a teepee cookie jar, with a bow. I think he had the hardest time finding the perfect vessel to present the ring in to me. And there's a story behind the teepee.

When we were first discussing moving in, before we ever went house hunting, he told me he didn't need a great big house, that he'd be fine living in a teepee. Well, we found this place -- luck was with us. It had been seriously neglected, as I have posted, and one of the things that had to be replaced almost immediately was the broken ceiling fan in the master bedroom. I went looking, and looking, and in one store as I looked up, my neck tired from craning, there at the end of one row was a teepee ceiling fan. It had a "nightlight" shaped like a teepee and drawn with teepee symbols on it, then three drop down lights, laced with leather strips. I'm sure it was meant for a child's room, but I had to have it. The store ordered one for me, and I called an electrician to have it installed. This was before we had moved the first lick of furniture in here and the next time the SO and I were here together, I presented him with the teepee fan. He cackled, then laughed outloud, then hugged me, obviously pleased by the fun of it.

And so the teepee theme continues with this new little teepee cookie jar.

Merry Christmas!

Onward ....

1 comment: