Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Blog Radio Interview

For the past several days, I have been working like mad to get this place shaped up for the real estate agent. She’s someone I’ve worked with before and I pretty much know that a really spotless house impresses her and tends to make her appraise higher. My goal is to make this place irresistible to a buyer. It would be so good to sell it quickly. From my experience buying the mountain house, I know the biggest obstacle is going to be financing. It’s just not easy to get a loan in this economic climate.

Seems like we have too many things going against us, too. We’re still battling the mice, and in fact, are finding traces of many, so we’ve declared war and have traps set all over the house. I don’t want to put out poison because of the cat, who is failing rapidly, poor baby, as it is. I really wish we hadn’t needed to come back here. He was doing so well in the mountains.

It’s hot. God, is it hot! We’re breaking temperature records every day, and dry records, as well. I hauled water down to the crepe myrtle we have planted along the driveway, and two days later, we needed to haul more down there. It’s really difficult to do, and I can’t believe we’ve managed to keep them all alive that way for such a long time. The man we hired to water while we were gone has done a fair job of keeping those trees alive, but some of the other stuff I planted in the spring has already died, and more keeps following. It’s just ridiculous how dry it has been, really since we moved in here. It’s one of the reasons I want to leave. There are others as well.

I’ve thought about this -- why I have become so disenchanted with Texas. The heat and the constant drought is just one reason. This place has been overrun with creepy-crawlies, too, and that’s contributed. The last time the dog was bitten by a copperhead sort of capped it for me. She is so much happier in the mountains, as is the cat. I think they both thought we had already moved, and they seem depressed since we’ve been home. They feel repressed, and I have realized I share that feeling. There are so many small-minded people here. I get angry every time I read the local newspapers. Our friends back in the mountains have been e-mailing, inviting to us all sorts of things when we return. It’s nice to have people who want to include you in social situations, who are like-minded, and have experienced more in life than this one little spot. 

I did an interview for blog radio yesterday. It was fun and I felt it went pretty well. I like the internet  for things like this. It’s much more intimate and effortless than actual radio where you have someone poking a microphone in your face, and all the business that’s surrounding you. Television is even worse. This felt much more like a one-on-one conversation. The interviewer also felt like it went very well. Here’s the link to the interview: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/dennistardan/2011/08/01/a-conversation-with-cindy-bonner

Onward ....

No comments:

Post a Comment