Thursday, December 9, 2010

Well, Really ....

OK, I have realized after rereading the last post, that I use the word 'really' way too much. I'm going to work on that. It's easy to get into bad habits with language. Not as easy to get out of them.

Tomorrow my son and his partner, and my brother will arrive for the big family party on Saturday. Some of the ones who live far away have backed out. I don't blame them. The weather is foul in the parts of the country where they would be coming from, and I would hate for somebody I care about to get hurt trying to get here. We will miss them, but so be it. I'm starting to get excited now about seeing everybody. Not that I wasn't excited before, but I faced a lot of 'have-tos' this week and I needed to get through them all. Just about done with the last thing, cleaning the house, and I will be ready for company by noon tomorrow when they begin to arrive.

My dear SO has been so helpful and patient with me. He's come now to understand the frenzy I get into when I've got this stuff going on, people coming to visit, wanting everything to be perfect. I am trying not to be quite so uptight but I'm not sure I'm doing a great job of it.

On a lighter note: I went to the pet store earlier this week to get some replacement fish for the aquarium. My pleco had suddenly died, although he was never a particularly healthy one compared to others I've had in the past. He wasn't growing for one thing, and plecos are notorious growers! While I was there I got a few danios to round out the tank. Had lots of room for more fish. These are kind of lime-yellow and very active. Anyway, once I got them home, the dog discovered them. She had never paid a bit of attention to the tank before, but all day long she sat in front of it, just staring in fascination. Problem was the spot where she laid blocked the way for the kitty to go upstairs to his food bowl and litter box, so after several tolerant hours, he finally had enough of her there, and ran at her all puffed up and hissy. It always scares her when he does that, so she moved. But she continued later to stare at the "swimming lizards" in the tank. It was kind of cute. Today, she's back to ignoring the fish.

We moved the desk from the SO's old place out to the guest room across the garage. As soon as this week is through, I'm moving some of my work from upstairs out there, like the endless novel, for one thing. After having read my friend's manuscript, I'm gassed up about writing again.

Onward .....

No comments:

Post a Comment