Sunday, October 8, 2023

STOP ALL THE CLOCKS

 He was my North, my South, my East and West,

My working week and my Sunday rest,

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;

I thought love would last forever: I was wrong


The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;

Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;

Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood;

For nothing now can ever come to any good. 

                                    - W.H Auden -


The last two stanzas of Auden's "Stop All the Clocks" have always moved me, but not as much as today when they speak words I can't. My North, my South, my East, my West died suddenly last night. I'm devastated, and this is all I can put on Facebook right now. 

The happiest 16 years of my life were with Richard Wayne Myers (August 30, 1947 to October 7, 2023).


Goodnight my sweet prince........



11 comments:

  1. My heart is breaking for you and you are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am holding you in my circle of light and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, I have no words. Wrapping you in a virtual hug and lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, I am left breathless reading this about your beloved Wayne. Please know you are loved from afar and I am here to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Cindy, I am so so sorry. I have enjoyed getting to know Wayne through your posts and pictures. You are in my thoughts. Sending love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy
    From the depths of my heart & soul, I would like to express sincere condolences❣️

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Condolences to you and your family...Have known Wayne most of my life...He will be missed

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Cindy,
    I am so sorry for your loss. I am holding you in my heart and praying for you and everyone who loved Wayne to receive solace from the beautiful memories you shared while loving him. Please let me know how I can support you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Much love, Paige

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew him long ago, and he gave me my first Jack Russell. He had his Jack, Pogo and I had Queenie. Both dogs are long gone, across the Rainbow Bridge and I know Wayne and Pogo are reunited. Queenie was the one who started me on a 30 year journey with Russell Rescue, Inc. I have Wayne to thank for that. He was, as everyone said, a good man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robyn, for your words. I never met you but know who you are. Wayne spoke of you often, and with fondness.

      Delete