Friday, September 2, 2011

Biding Time

Hard to believe it's already September. This whole years has sped by. I guess that will pretty much be the case from here on. Daddy says a year feels about like a month to him, at age 86. This morning I thought I felt a hint of Fall in the air, as I sat outside with the cat and drank my coffee. Not sure I'm ready yet to give up this glorious summer.

I'm reading RHINO RANCH by Larry McMurtry. Picked it up on a remainder table. I have usually enjoyed McMurtry, big fan of his earlier stuff, and I will read this one as well because it's light-reading with short fast chapters. But I swear, if anybody else but him had written this book, it would not have been accepted by a publishing house. There are some funny parts, but it's mostly a throw-away book. Doubt I'll remember much in a couple of years, past maybe the rhino that the main character befriends.

We're waiting to see what's going to happen with this potential buyer we have for the Texas house. I feel like I'm in limbo right now. If the deal goes through, we will have to get in gear really fast and efficiently. I've been making lists of things we'll sell and how much we want for them. All the writing I planned to do while we were here has been laid by because of the impending BIG MOVE. I get overwhelmed when I think too much about it, all that will be in front of us in order to close by October 6th as stated in the offer this buyer has made. The last two moves were just incredibly hard on me. One because I was leaving a house I had lived in for 12 years, not to mention a 34-year marriage, and the second because I was basically doing the whole shebang by myself. This one will be difficult because of the amount of downsizing involved, getting rid of all the sentimental stuff accumulated over my lifetime. Sigh! I have just lately come to realize what a burden it is to have things "left" to me by departed loved ones.

I'm trying to stay focused on how great it will be to get this place remodeled once the money comes from the other house. That part will be fun. For now, I'm just treading water.

Onward ....


No comments:

Post a Comment