Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rejection and a Camping Trip

Well, the first rejection letter came in on March 1. In like a lion. I reverted to my old "rule" of getting a manuscript back out there within 24 hours. I do have a list, of course, so this wasn't a difficult thing for me to do. I was jolted by the form letter, I will admit. Been a very long time since one of those came across my desk. This is character-building. I know it is, and I'm sticking to my intentions with this thing.

Spent the rest of the night looking through Writer's Market online. There's a lot of good information on there, although I feel it's incomplete. I know of many publishers who are not listed there, but it did give me a lot of things to think about. There's more than one way to make some money at writing than just the usual things a person thinks about. And in the end, maybe this will get me on GO. I'm just filled with ideas, and have to either decide to sit down and DO it or give it up altogether. Not really in a good place as regards my writing at the moment. There are so many other things taking the top spot in my mind lately.

Big weekend with the kitty. Taking him with us to the Coast -- a first. Might end up making us cut the trip short, but he has to take his medications three times per day, so there's just no way to leave him. Then next week my SO's good friend is having open-heart surgery and we're going to take the new travel trailer up there and break it in, also keep the vigil at the hospital. Another trip the kitty will have to make. This is probably going to be a hard week for the little fellow, but maybe he'll adapt quicker than I think. I've done everything I can think of to ease the way for him, including buying a can of calming spray to squirt around the places he'll be spending most of his time.

So we'll see how it goes. I'm just so happy he's on the mend.

Onward ....

No comments:

Post a Comment